A BOY AGAIN!!

I am a mother of three boys! A full grown man( my husband) a six year old ( a super hyper one) and an almost three month old ( almost because i have lost track of the sleepless nights)

When i concieved my youngest i got two types of reactions...
The "thank god someone is also having a second child" look
And
The " she has guts and she is nuts" look.
 Well most of my friends had the second look and the first look was from friends who couldn't hide the second one.

No it wasnt guts..... it was an excited sperm which pretty much fooled us.

Initially I went through a guilt trip of loosing the dedication i had for my 6 year old. It's amazing how we worship our first borns ....but that didn't last so long...

 I started dreaming of how I would be blessed with a baby girl. How i could also boast of pinks in my house, the pretty dresses people could gift her Visa a vis  the boring blues, how she could be the Papas girl,and husband could grow to be a parent, how she would be smarter than boys in her class like most girls are, how fighting stories would change to chatting sessions , how there will be one more bestie to share  bitching fun.

I started googling and taking quiz tests to find the sex of my unborn child, each time I did it was a girl child... and I would be thrilled... if not I repeated the quiz... I started getting upset with people who said it would be a boy.. I almost threw out the Maid who said.. Didi ladka hoga.. pet se dikhta  hai ...

thats when my husband woke up from his slumber to notice his pregnant almost psycho wife.. he gifted me the golden book... the gita....hoping I would get some sense.


Till the time of arrival of my baby I was reading...fal ki chinta mat karo.. karm kiye jao... (don't think of the outcome, keep performing your karma). Well Krishna, you gave me the baby, i didnt have a choice....now the sex better be my choice.

And then the time came.. I popped!!!  That early morning I didn't see the tiny hands, or the tiny feet, or the tiny eyes... what I looked for first was the two tiny testicles and a penis

.it was a boy again!! FIR SE LADKA!!


That's it.. shruti... the Elsa anna  stories go out of the window.. you have to live with the superheroes  for the rest of your life!
The bathroom will always have pee on the toilet seat, the house will always be earthquake hit. The tv will always show the sci-fi And action movies... and I will be left alone with my shopping woes..

 And Then " it's okay " messages from all #motherofboys far and near started pouring in...
Chill no short dresses...long hair issues...for you...
They have similar interests.. they teach each other...
You will be the in control only female....they will all love you...
They make you run so much.. you will always be in shape.. 
You can give better men to the world.

And

Two daughter in laws (hopefully) to bitch about...so many stories...;)..

The aww I wish I could have a girl child like her has changed to thank God I don't have to deal with that...

God bless me!!















Comments

  1. Wonderfully expressed Shruti. I was smiling throughout while reading this...Coz felt connected. Believe me it is going to fun. But beware.. all your three boys will be a team in future. And ..:THE PINK" is all yours.. No sharing. Yes...I miss that......feminism in my house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such transparent and candid confession...A humorous read
    .Loved it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such transparent and candid confession...A humorous read
    .Loved it

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shruti, that's hilarious..and so relatable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Check out Cocomo - Natural skin and hair care brand for kids. It is made by a circle of moms and cosmetologists in India. This might interest you for your next review.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Aloo ..... meri jaan

Ten simple games for kids